Tuesday 20 March 2012

Historical Wall Hanging

Fossicking through a massive collection of family pics in preparation for an photographic display, (for my mum's 60th birthday shindig) , was quite a lengthy task as I couldn't help but get swept away in all the forgotten memories that were resurfacing. Some hideous, beautiful, funny, joyful, sad and just damn right kooky images were organised into a pile to later create a display for the big celebration. In a another pile I cheekily stashed away some gorgeous historical images of my dads family in the hope that he would allow me to hold on to them. My plan to hang them up in my home for everyone to view because they are just to precious to be hidden away in a rarely opened box.
On this rainy day of which I am finding difficult to ignore actioning my much needed housework, boooring , I rediscovered this little stashed pile of nostalgic loveliness and have pegged them onto a sweet little miniature bunting a dear friend thoughtfully crafted for me. 
Now to reveal to good old dadio just how beautiful they look hanging on my wall, and he will then hopefully agree to them being in my possession! Historical wall hanging you have been a great little detour from domestic tedium, now for that housework urgh.


Flags for the mini bunting were cut out with Pinking Shears and sewed onto lace


Love viewing old photographs containing vintage cars during their prime 


True gentleman attire worn by my Grandpa

2 comments:

  1. great idea! they look gorgeous! always so nice to see family history - kinda makes you feel the love every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, love having your crafty work on display, it is a love fest of a bunting! :)

    ReplyDelete