Thursday 25 July 2013

Oh MY bird it is!

Meet 'Florence, Ethel & Glady', they are my ladies. I love them I do. Turns out these Hens are being held hostage...by my...  parents - true! Recently the 'Beatnik Crew' moved house. We were hoping for a tree change up in the hills, so we could spread out a little and escape our usual burb dwelling. It was part of our vision in our quest for a more Eco existence. Space, fresh air, trees surrounding.

The town we fell in love with appears to have a thread of like minded people weaved through it AND... happens to be a stone's throw from many flower growers in the 'Flower Captial' of Victoria. Floral bliss!

After searching high and low for the right pad, and with no success, we had to unfortunately postpone our tree change and continue our burbness a little longer.

During this burb move our Hens made themselves at home at the wary yet obliging 'Grandma and Grandpa Beatniks'. A temporary hensitting arrangement was made. Of course just as I was, the G's were in no time besotted by these feathery lovelies. Enjoying their yummy eggs, sipping cups of tea and coffee with them under the trees in the backyard and listening to their gorgeous babble. 

'Grandpa Beatnik' got super chook keen and built a pen fit for queens, eggs were layed and lasting relationships were formed. The ladies have been so accommodated for they have developed a sense of belonging. The G's even attended a local chicken keeping course to learn more about taking good care of them.

 So I have now been made redundant and currently suffering from empty nest syndrome. Boo. Temporary has turned permanent, I can see it in their beady little Hen eyes. My ladies have been Henknapped and not coming back!

So looks like it's Hen hugging and egg collecting at the G's ... for the time being that is, until I negotiate shared custody. I think I could have a real battle on my hands!



No comments:

Post a Comment