Thursday 25 July 2013

Yikes the Yarn is on!

During one of creative mind trips I decided I needed a little Yarn Bombing fun in my life. I have always been a fan of the art and had a yearning to tap into my inner Nanna. The original plan was to YB a big fat Willow tree at the old house, but since we have moved, I am searching for other victims to pursue this dream. 

I put the word out, and now have a crew of other peeps that are also keen to tap into their inner Nanna. Woohoo! Super stoked about that, as creativity in company is good and many hands make light work! I'm SO crazily excited I could throw my Nanna knickers up in the air right now!

There IS just one little obstacle though... I don't really have the skills to knit all that well ...eEEkk! My evil plan is to mooch some training off my eager needle tamers. I can cast on, basic knit and cast off. That's a start right?!

So a Yarn Bombing group has been created... GULP!

Also... whilst on my creative mind trip, and on the search for a new YB victim I approached the older 'Baby Beatnik's' Art teacher about YB. So now, we are going to start a YB project in the Asian garden at her school as well. EeeEK!

Good luck novice knitter I hear you mutter. Well that's just it good luck has fallen into my lap. Whilst eavesdropping on a few Nanna's in my local Op shop I learnt that one of them is a knitting teacher. So I schmoozed my way into that convo, pounced on that opportunity, and now planning to organise some lessons with the rest of the keen YB bombing crew. Phew!

Turns out this amazing knitter is the Nanna of one of the other teachers at my older 'Baby Beatniks' school too. So totally winning Nanna style!

I am a big fan of Magda Sayeg from Knittaplease , this is one of her works below, and my inner Nanna is hoping to be decked out like this by summer! What do you think my chances are?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment