Sunday 26 January 2014

Urban Tree Hugging



I've been excitedly following the Yarn Bombing work of Melbourne's Yarn Corner for some time now, and been dying to check out their latest annual installation in Melbourne's City Square. Yarn Corner's current project is as gorgwaa and inspiring as I expected. The 'Baby Beatnik's' and I are big fans and we thoroughly enjoyed some gentle tree hugging in the lovely Melbourne sun!

Whilst we cruised the city streets we went around testing out some of the super cool pianos on display as part of the Play Me, I'm Yours project by Artist Luke Jerram. The work consists of a collection of street pianos decorated by local Artists for everyone to enjoy playing and listening to. Members of the community young and old blessed us with their music ability in the busy urban environment, it really was super fun and beautific and made me wish I knew how to play the piano!



  







No comments:

Post a Comment